Praia da Luz Events
Here you will find information about events in Praia da Luz in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Praia da Luz and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Praia da Luz is only a short distance from the lively town of Lagos, which has lots of great events throughout the year!
NOT TO BE MISSED Algarve Events June - July 2017
- ***JUNE 10TH - PORTUGAL DAY!*** “Dia de Portugal” is Portugal’s National Day and a bank holiday and along with celebrations across the country, Algarve’s Albufeira will be putting on a free concert with famous Portuguese singer, Dulce Pontes. The concert is being held in the square, Largo dos Paços do Concelho and starts at 9.30pm.
- Carvoeiro Black & White Night: The Algarve's first big Summer party - 17th June '17 - with a ~20,000 strong crowd partying in the obligatory black and white colours into the wee hours of the morning! The event takes place at Carvoeiro town beach and surrounding streets from 8.30pm and entry is free!
- Marches Populares in Portimão: 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th June '17 at various locations around Portimão, western Algarve. The traditional parades are all about the community and holidaymakers joining together for bucket loads of fun, with costumes, music and entertainment making a fab night for all!
- 31st Handicraft and Ethnography Fair of Alcoutim: At Praia Fluvial river beach 10th and 11th June. The perfect setting to enjoy Eastern Algarve culture, food and music!
- Cataplana Festival in Castro Marim, eastern Algarve: Throughout June participating Castro Marim restaurants are entering Cataplana heaven, for a real taste of one-pot-wonder Portuguese cuisine! Within the traditional copper clamshell pot, seafood such as clams and prawns are cooked with choriço sausage and a medley of fresh veg! Every place does it differently, so it's time to chow down as much as possible!
- Festival MED in Loulé: – in Loulé historical centre – 29th June to 2nd July '17. The 14th edition of the MED Festival brings 4 days of international music, entertainment and partying…one of the Algarve’s best summer festivals and NOT TO BE MISSED! Tickets start from €12 for a daily pass and can be purchased from Bol.pt and the Festival Med Loule @ Facebook
- Culture Market At Candlelight in Lagoa: From the 6th to 9th July '17 the streets around the São José’s Convent in Lagoa will be lit up with 12,000 candles, symbolising cultures and religions along the mythical Silk road. Entry is free and the event runs from 7pm until 1am.
- 2017 Alameda Beer Festival in Faro: It's a time for beer lovers to say “Chin Chin” and “Saude” as many times as possible in a bid to sample over 100 types of beer! This International Beer Festival is world acclaimed and it’s fun and merriment for all at Faro's Jardim da Alameda 7th to 9th July ’17!
- ALBUFEIRA FISHERMAN'S FESTIVAL, FESTA DO PESCADOR: First weekend of September 2017, 1st, 2nd and 3rd September!
For more information about what's going on in the Algarve for June and July 2017, check out the Visit Algarve June 2017 Events Guide, the Visit Algarve website, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!